Thursday, November 01, 2012

A Weekend of Friends

This weekend has been a break from working and school to enjoy my favorite part of life...spending time with friends! This weekend four of my closest friends from college came to visit (we missed you Jess!!). We met up where it all began...Marion, Indiana.



I met Melissa and Alisha my first week of college...all scared freshmen! Actually, I remember being introduced to everyone on what seemed like an enormous team at the time, and immediately decided I wouldn't worry about differentiating between these girls' similar names. Little did I know that these girls from Michigan would grow to be my closest friends. Linda and I met our freshamn year as well, but a little later in the semester. I invited her to join my family and I for Thanksgiving as she lived too far to go home for the short weekend. I guess it's impossible to spend a Holiday with my crazy family and not permenantly become part of it. (I actually can still vividly recall Linda sleeping away on the living room furniture as the men in my family cheered loudly watching a football game and the boys wrestled in the middle of the floor. If only she had known what she was getting her self into...).

Through the years Linda, Melissa, Alisha and I shared many adventures together. Linda became our biggest supporter as we ran (again..crazy) each weekend and ended up joining us for several races by the end of our college career. Our reunion weekend was full of laughter and catching up and celebrating milestones and new beginnings. It was so good to see these girls and be reminded of how truly blessed I am to have such close, Godly women in my life. Leaving our close community of friends after graduating proved how difficult it is to find friends that you can truly connect with. I'm excited to cheer these girls on as we continue to move through life together. <3

Sunday afternoon was a day of relaxing and catching up on work neglected from the weekend. After wrapping up most of my homework by 8pm, Linda and Tyler stopped by. Together we enjoyed apple crisp and a pretty competitive game of Blokus! These unexpected visits are my favorite! I love when friends feel comfortable enough to stop by unannounced for a short time of visiting and enjoying each others company. Amy and I were so blessed to host friends most nights our last year of college..and I've missed that steady flow of familiar faces and laughter. The weekend wrapped up with a Monday dinner visit from Scottie and Zoey!

 It was so good to spend time with friends this weekend and be reminded of what's truly important in life. Admist projects and papers I can sometimes lose myself to the stress of admittedly little things. Thank you friends for making these last few days full of smiles and happy times :)
 

No comments: