Friday, January 25, 2013

Sweet Creations

 
My first week of Christmas break this December consisted of eating, watching netflix, and making Christmas presents. I had been looking forward to Christmas break so much, mostly because I was going to be able to bake, sew, and crochet all of the things I been adding to my list of things to do for the previous 4 months. I was so excited!

                                                

Unfortunately, I developed a serious sickness after my first week off. I became sick at the thought of crafting.




 I spent so many hours (only sleeping a few each night) working on my first few Christmas presents of the season that I literally became nauseous at even the thought of making or baking anything. My stomach churned when I opened a gift from my parents on Christmas morning....a package full of yarn and fabric scissors and everything lovely....that is, lovely before the craft sickness attacked!
I was afraid to admit that I might have lost a passion for something I dearly enjoyed doing all because I had over-indulged in a short amount of time. Luckily, after a few weeks off I am fully recovered. And even though I suffered for a little while afterward, the results of those few days work makes me very happy. :)
 
* Also, I bought a book to make the gift tags at The Unorganized Bookstore down the street. The owner told me if I took a photo of the tags to hang up in the store, he would give me a free book the next time I came in! What a blessing!!! :)
 
 

No comments: