Friday, December 21, 2012

People: What Truly Matters

I've been reminiscing a lot lately. Looking through old family albums, facebook photos, report cards;  I even read Oh, The Places You'll Go, a gift from my parents after graduating high school. I think this re-evalution of my life has begun because I'm not exactly sure where I'm going next, or what the future holds..kind of a scary thought when I forget to remind myself that my future is in God's hands, and I don't need to worry.

So on my path of reminiscence, I came across a photo of my friends and I at a bonfire on the beach. I suddenly thought about how much I love those people and what a treasure it was to get to spend precious time with such beauties. And then I read the comment I made underneath the picture.... something about how beautiful the mountains were in the background. REALLY?? That's what stuck out to me at the time...the mountains??? Myself now is a little appalled. But it's the people that matter!! Not the mountains!


Photot Credit: David Canales                                                   
As I think back to my time over the last year and a half, I am so blessed! Yes, the hikes were great, the scenery was incredible, and the slow and easy pace of the city made it easy to breathe and take life in one moment at a time. But none of tthose things would mean anything without love and relationships..hmm 1 Corinthians ringing a bell to anyone else?

I don't know who I like more, the girls or the dog. :)
 Just Kidding!! People, everyone! People!
The people I met and grew to love the past year and a half are so important to me. Bonfires and pretty views can be created lots of places, but true friendships with wonderful people, well I think I really lucked out.

When people ask me how my time in Alaska was, I hope I repy with something about the beauty of the hearts of the people I met, the people who left huge impressions on my heart.

 
We could be sisters, right? The sweetest child!
Jen and I are still working on the plaid project....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: