Friday, February 22, 2013

Happy Friday!

Whew! This has been one crazy week (aren't they all though?). On Wednesday morning I was reading through my desk devotional that talked about finding a continuous peace.

"You will not find lasting peace in the world around you, in circumstances, or in human relationships. The human world is always in flux-under the curse of death and decay. But there is a gold mine of Peace deep within you, waiting to be tapped."
 
Wednesday morning was a good day...I was coming off a night of spending time with friends, was all caught up on school work, and planning to spend just a few hours in the office replying to emails before reading a bit before my afternoon classes. Oh and the sun was shining! That really makes all the difference, don't you think?
 
Basically, I was feeling peaceful. It was easy for me in that moment to read the words above and say to myself, 'You know, I should always feel this peace, this unrushed contentment for each moment in life.' So, I began to pray. I knew that life would turn in just a few days to 'How am I going to do this for two more years?' craziness as midterms and projects approached. But at that moment, I for some reason felt like I could manage those days, no problem. So I asked the Lord to help me search for and trust in His peace even in those moments of uncalm.
 
Lucky for me, He gave me the opportunity just a few hours later. Thanks God!
 
Really though...it was such a good chance to practice trusting the Lord and I am so thankful for all that transpired in the day following:
 
Basically, I was working on a few presentations for my school counseling class late Wednesday night when I came across an e-mail from my professor...she was looking forward to hearing from each of my classmates the next day about our classroom guidance plans and would also be posting the midterm for us to take at the end of class.

 
Midterm? Guidance Plan? Crap!
As I considered what her e-mail meant....I would be making two presentations, creating and turning in a guidance plan, and studying for/taking a mid-term, I realized that there was just not enough time to finish it all.
 
I wish I could tell you that I did not freak out that night. But after accidently falling asleep around 3AM and not waking up until 7AM, I realized that I could only do so much in the little time that was left. As I got ready for work that morning I made a tentative plan in my mind of how I could arrange my day to get as much as possible done, but really just gave it all to the Lord. What was going to happen was going to happen, and I didn't want to spend my day at work snapping at people because I was stressed out with my own circumstances! Was I still concerned about class that night? Yes. But I went through my work day doing what I needed to do and was able to actually enjoy the parts of studying that I did get in.
 
So class came...and not only did my presentations go smoothly, but we were dismissed an hour early and given a week to finish the mid-term...using any text or notes that we needed! I let out a few Hallelujah's and Amen's that night, and was sooo relieved that I wouldn't be taking my mid-term blindly!
 
So did I learn a lesson from all this? I don't know if that's what I would call it. Really, it was just so sweet depending on the Lord when I was stressed and knowing that no matter how my exam or presentations went, that did not change who God was or how He saw me. This was a temporary flux in life and God was constant. The completed assignments and week to finish the exam were just icing on the cake. :)
 
Happy weekend everyone! After coming down from that slight anxiety attack I'm ready to relax this weekend, pouring over textbooks and sipping on warm tea trying to stay afloat admist a busy semester while still finding ultimate peace in my Maker.
 
 
 

No comments: