Friday, March 08, 2013

Snow days

I love snow days! Especially as a kid, I rememeber being so excited to spend a weekday at home playing in the fresh powder! My sister and I would watch a few cartoons (or Boy Meets World) while sipping hot cocoa, and then we would leave for the day, scouring the neighborhood for all of our friends to join us in our explorations. Funny how much more fun those days were compared to spending a Saturday at home doing the same thing. There is just something about unexpected fun that makes it a little sweeter.
 
The beginnings :)

 A few nights ago we got 4-6inches of snow, which is a lot for us this winter. It was beautiful to watch as the flakes fell down in the glow of the street lights. When I woke up the next morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find my car covered in snow, and stuck where I had parked it in the little alleyway behind our house. Needless to say, I spent my day 'snowed in' watching movies, sewing a quilt project I've been working on, and even ordered in a pizza! Oh the wonder of staying cozy inside while the world outside my window creates a cold, but beautiful display.

What is your favorite thing to do on a snowday?

No comments: